SPORT AND RECREATION
Sports and Recreation
While the primary function of any University is teaching, research and consultancy, the University of Dodoma (UDOM) recognizes the value of sports and recreation in promoting good health; well-being; competitive spirit and good fellowship. UDOM has therefore, committed itself to promote a variety of recreational and competitive sports and encourage both students; staff and the entire University community to participate in these activities.
UDOM has the following sports facilities:
- Five standard football pitches one with running tracks.
- Six standard basketball courts
- Two standard tennis courts
- Three standard netball courts
- One standard volleyball court
- Four standard volleyball pitches
- One Swimming pool
- Table tennis facilities.
University of Dodoma is also a member of the following sports organizations:
- Tanzania Universities Sports Association (TUSA)
- East African University Sports Federation (EAUSF)
- African University Sports Federation (FASU)
- International University Sports Federation (FISU)
UDOM is a member of SHIRIKISHO LA MICHEZO YA MASHIRIKA YA UMMA TANZANIA (SHIMMUTA).
University of Dodoma has teams in four sports disciplines namely, basketball; volleyball; netball and football.