Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry is a three years programme offered by Chemistry Department of The University of Dodoma. It has been designed to produce graduates who will have working knowledge in the main areas of chemistry namely organic, inorganic, analytical, and physical. As well it cutters through latest Science and Technology inventions including Materials Science, Green Chemistry and Biosensors together with Forensic Sciences.
B.Sc. Chemistry graduates from the Department of Chemistry of the University of Dodoma will be able to:
- Apply the principles of chemistry to their everyday lives and in professional fields.
- Solve problems and critically evaluate information with respect to chemistry issues.
- Effectively communicate scientific ideas and the results of scientific inquiry.
- Properly use chemical instrumentation to conduct inquiries in composition, structure and reactivity.
- Design scientific experiments, interpret experimental results, and draw reasonable conclusions from those results.
The Bachelor of Science in Physics (BSc (Phys)) is a three year programme which offers a wider variety of options in the area of physics, electronics as well as materials science. The programme suits all people since Physics is all around us. It is present in the minute world of the atom and in the vast universe. The programme equips students with physical knowledge and skills that most employers would expect a graduate in physics to possess.
By the end of the programme the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to synthesize appropriate concepts and methods from different courses in the solution of problems.
- Design and carry out experimental investigations, analyze data with appropriate treatment of errors and uncertainties, and form conclusions based on the data and analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to use appropriate computing tools to solve problems encountered in course work or in supervised study.
- Discuss orally or in writing ethical issues that relate to physics.