Call for Participants on 2nd Scientific Conference in August, 2015
Dates: 12th – 13th August 2014
Venue: St. Gaspar Hotel & Conference Centre
Themes of the conference
A. Main theme: “Linking Health to Development”.
1. Multi-Sectoral approaches in health care delivery in Tanzania
2. HIV and AIDS: Prevention, care and treatment in children and adults
3. Psychosocial determinants of HIV and AIDS
4. Determinants of quality maternal health care
5. E-health: opportunities and challenges
6. Innovative approaches in diagnosis, care and treatment of diseases
7. Non-communicable diseases; the growing burden in developing economies.
8. Medical supplies in Tanzania, challenges and opportunities
9. Scaling up nutrition for better nutrition outcomes
10. Emerging and Re-emerging infectious diseases
C. Conference participants
This conference shall bring together, scientists, higher learning institutions, research institutions, policy makers, international development agencies, private sector and non-governmental organizations, public health researchers and other stakeholders.
D. Conference presentations
- Both oral (presentations by MS power point) and poster Presentations are accepted.
- All abstracts should be in English. Use appropriate words and correct grammar.
- The abstracts should be structured and have a maximum of 250 words written in Times New Roman font, font size 12, with double line spacing.
- Authors are urged to ensure that their abstracts do not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors, as they will be reproduced as submitted.
- Abstracts should contain the following information in the order provided:
Title: maximum of 100 characters, including spaces.
Authors’ names: Provide authors full names. Underline the presenter’s name
Affiliation: Authors’ institutions and addresses. In case of multiple institutions, identify them by superscript roman numbers.
Key words: 3-5 key-words to highlight the research area.
The main body of the abstract should be structured with the following sub-headings:
Corresponding author’s contacts: E-mail and telephone number
E. Registration and abstract submission:
Deadline for submission of abstract is June 30, 2015
Upon submission of the abstract, indicate choice of presentation i.e. oral or poster, but final decision will be at the discretion of the Scientific Committee and Technical committee.
F. Mode of Presentation:
The official language of the conference will be English. Ten (10) minutes will be allocated for each oral presentation, and 5 minutes for discussions. All poster presentations should conform to the following measurements:
Size: 120 cm length and 90 cm width
Font size: Minimum of 24`
Poster presenters must be present during poster session.
G. Letter of invitation
After registration, letters of invitation will be sent to conference participants. The invitation letter will be intended to help participants to process permission as well as request financial support from their employers.
H. Registration Fee
1. Local Participants: Tshs 50,000/=
2. International Participants: USD 50
3. Undergraduate students: Tshs 20,000/=
4. Postgraduate Students: Tshs 30,000/=
Registration fee shall be paid to the following bank account:
CHAS ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0150221567500
Successful candidates will be required to present a pay in slip upon arrival
I. Contact persons
Kindly contact the following for further information
- Chairperson of the Scientific and Technical committee: Prof. Flora Fabian (Mobile phone +255 784 485 678, Landline +255 26 231 0301)
- Deputy Chairperson of the Scientific and Technical committee: Dr Mkhoi L. Mkhoi (Mobile +255 764 001 815)
- Secretariat to the conference: Dr. Azan Nyundo (Mobile +255 715 492 995)
Download Registration Form Here