The University of Dodoma invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following academic positions at its Colleges:-
1. POSITION: Assistant Lecturers: PUTS 2.1 ( 4 Positions)
(a) Holders of Masters Degree in Political Science and Public Administration (2); Mineral Processing (1) and Electronics/Telecommunications (1) with at least a GPA of 4.0 out of 5 and a minimum Degree GPA of 3.8 out of 5 or its equivalent in the First Degree. Both Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees must be obtained from recognized institutions.
Duties and responsibilities:
(i) To carry out lectures, conduct tutorials, seminars and practical for undergraduate programmes.
(ii) To participate in research, consultancy and public service
(iii) To conduct, publish/disseminate research results
(iv) To perform any other duties assigned by relevant authorities.
2. POSITION: Tutorial Assistants: PUTS 1.1 – 1.3 ( 9 Positions)
Holders of Bachelors Degree in Political Science and Public Administration (2); French (1); Geo-informatics (1); Biochemistry (1); Anatomy (1); Special Needs Education (1); Logistics and Procurement Management (1); and Chemistry (1) with a minimum GPA of 3.8 out of 5 or its equivalent from a recognized institution. Additionally, one must have scored a B+ or its equivalent in the relevant subjects.
Duties and responsibilities
(i) This is a training post. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a Masters Degree Training programme.
(ii) To conduct tutorials , seminars and practical training;
(iii) To assist in research, consultancy and outreach activities; (iv) To teach Certificates and Diploma Courses
(v) To perform any other duties that may be assigned by relevant authorities.
GENERAL APPLICATION CONDITIONS:
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania
- Applicants must be less than 45 Years, i.e. born after 1st January 1974
- They must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers
- They must attach dully filled and sealed referee report forms attached as Annex I
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement
- The title of the position should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
- Applicants must attach their relevant certified copies of Academic/Professional certificates i.e. Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates and transcripts; National Form IV and Form VI Examination Certificates; Computer Certificates; Professional certificates from respective boards; One recent passport size picture and birth certificate
- Form IV and VI results slips, Testimonials and Partial transcripts are strictly not accepted
- Employees of any institution must route their application letters through their respective employers.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
- Women are highly encouraged to apply
- Application letters should be written in English
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
- Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Complete application package that consists of application letters supported with detailed Curriculum Vitae, relevant copies of certificates i.e. Degree/Diploma certificates /testimonials, academic transcripts plus Secondary School Certificates and dully filled referee report forms should be submitted to:
DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR,
(ACADEMIC, RESEARCH AND CONSULTANCY) UNIVERSITY OF DODOMA,
P.O. BOX 259
DEADLINE: 21st June, 2018
NB: Important downloads