The broad objective of establishing UDOM is To create in Tanzania a place where knowledge will be transferred from one generation to another; a place where through relevant teaching and learning processes, human capital vested with knowledge and skills for economic development of Tanzania will be produced; and a place where through relevant research, the frontiers of knowledge will be advanced and provide solutions to the people’s sufferings.
Our Core Values
Six core values will guide UDOM in accomplishing its Vision, Mission, and Functions.
- Excellence – UDOM will observe quality in all academic pursuits including teaching, research, and public services by ensuring that standards are adhered to, and quality control and assurance mechanisms are institutionalised and maintained.
- Accountability and Transparency - UDOM management will observe openness, teamwork, participation, liableness, and answerability in making decisions and implementation of all activities.
- Moral standards and integrity - UDOM community will uphold and observe accuracy, professional ethics, honesty, corporate social responsibility, and human respect in all its undertakings.
- Innovation – In performing the activities related to its core functions, UDOM will attempt to be creative, up to date, and cherish novelty.
- Equity – UDOM is an equal opportunity institution.
- Partnerships – UDOM will work closely with its stakeholders who include students, staff, Government institutions, NGOs, Civil Society groups, service providers, development partners, and other learning institutions, both within and outside the country.